Tired of seeing organisations and companies profit financially from the passion of Street Photographers around the world, this new award aims to be the Oscars of Street Photography, awarding the best of our own community each year with a self funding prize. The organisers make no money at all. If 1000 people pay £10 to enter, the prize fund will be £10,000 (minus paypal costs). The more people that enter the more money the winners receive. We don’t promise you exposure, publication or exhibitions but we do promise you financial transparency, integrity and a real panel of actual Street Photographers choosing the winner.
In its first year there will be three awards:
Peoples Choice Award – chosen by online public vote
Judges Award – awarded by an international panel of respected Street Photographers
Meyerowitz Award – selected by the renowned Street Photographer Joel Meyerowitz
To enter, read the rules, upload your image (1920px longest side at 72 dpi), and make your contribution of just £10 to the prize fund through the payment system….then vote!
Anyone can vote, each person has 5 votes to use during the whole contest, so vote wisely.
[fv id=2 show_opened=true count_to=upload]
1. This is a Street Photography award, submitted images must be candidly shot in a public place. Post processing must be limited to corrections. The removal or addition of picture information is not allowed. For the purposes of this award images artificially lit by the photographer are not considered to be Street Photography.
2. The Street Photography Award is open to amatuer and professional photographers over 18 years of age from any country and you may enter as many images as you like.
3. This is an annual award, entries must have been shot within the last 12 months.
4. You agree to allow your credited image to be used for the purpose of promoting The Street Photography Award online and in partner publications.
5. The Photographer retains copyright of the image.
6. You agree to allow The Street Photography Award to store your personal information for the purpose of administrating the award. You may access, review, rectify or delete your personal information at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. The prize fund will be 100% of entry fees minus payment processing fees. The winners will receive 50% each of the total prize fund and the glass winners trophy. Payments will be made by electronic transfer and any fees incurred will be deducted from the prize sum.
8. Entries will be reviewed by our judges and a winner selected, the decision of the judges is final.
9. Entries will be subject to a public vote to select the winner of the Peoples Choice Award, in the event of a draw our judges will choose the winner.
10. By entering you warrant that you are the sole copyright holder of the image and that to the best of your knowledge, the image does not contain any threatening, false, misleading, abusive, infringing, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content.
11. By entering the competition you agree to adhere to these rules.